TOILET PAN CONNECTION TO SOIL PIPE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
Need a bit of advice. I am refitting my bathroom. I have done a bit of plumbing in my flat already, but I am not a plumber more DIYer. I live in a Victorian basement flat.

I may have spotted a bit of a problem connecting up my new toilet to the soil pipe. The current old toilet, concealed cystern, soon to be removed is connected to the soil pipe with a 90 degree pan connector straight into the soil pipe in the sub floor. The sub floor is a sand and cement base. The current toilet sits on this and has been tiled around at the bottom.

I intend to remove the toilet, and slightly raise the floor level by tiling over the existing floor tiles. And fit new toilet on top of the new tiles.

The new toilet will be slightly further forward than the original to accomodate a false stud wall I am building to hide pipework.

After removing the stud work around old toilet which concealed the cystern, I spotted the soil pipe was made from what I think is clay, it looks a bit chipped at the top. The top of the pipe is about level with the sub floor. The connection doesn't look great as it looks a bit wet around the edges. See pic.

Can I simply add a pipe extension 4'' or 3.5' (depending on size of pipe) like attached

Then sand and cement with sbr around its base to bring up to new floor level- 20mm to 30mm and then tile around base of extension pipe? Then use a flexible pan connector to the toilet?

Is there an alternative to using a flexible connector as I don't really like the way they look?

New toilet will be this model

Sponsored Links
90° pan connector will go into the straight connector you have suggested. Other than that, it sounds ok.

90° pan connector will go into the straight connector you have suggested. Other than that, it sounds ok.

Because my new toilet will be a little further forward than my old one, I am not sure if my new toilet will reach the 90 degree pan connector. Is there a way of adding in a straight section to make up for the new toilet being a little further forward?

Or can I put an elbow on the pipe extension? (Can you suggest one if this is possible). And then use a straight pan connector from the toilet to the elbow?

Sponsored Links
You could use a concertina-type flexible pan connector like a Multikwik MKC2:
F47512_wpdp.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back