Toilet re-installed, now I have 2 leaks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I got flooring in toilet replaced. The pan adaptor smelled so I got plumber to install new one. The plumber has just installed the toilet on top of new flooring and I have noticed two leaks.

The first one is just below the water tank to right, where the water inlet pipe is.

The water collects at the exposed thread above the lower nut, then dizzles down white pipe.

The second one is to the rear of the toilet and can only be see by use of a mirror.

The blue water is caused by "bloo" toilet freshner (but makes it easy to see). The water is coming out of bottom of pan adaptor and drizzling down rear of toilet.

Suggestions please?

Sponsored Links
Get a pair of adjustables and tighten the nut on the ballofix in your first picture.

Pull the multikwik off and push it back on again, if this doesnt sort it, take it off and use a bit of silicone sealant around the stretchypart inside the multikwik

Get a pair of adjustables and tighten the nut on the ballofix in your first picture.

Pull the multikwik off and push it back on again, if this doesnt sort it, take it off and use a bit of silicone sealant around the stretchypart inside the multikwik

I wouldn't be too hasty with the adjustable, your likely to over tighten it and either make it worse or turn the fill valve loosening that. It probably just needs the washer replacing, I'm guessing the plumber used the old one.

Silicone would probably work, but I'd only use it as a last resort. Get the plumber back and get him to align it properly.

Sponsored Links

I wouldn't be too hasty with the adjustable, your likely to over tighten it and either make it worse or turn the fill valve loosening that. It probably just needs the washer replacing .

Op stated:
The water collects at the exposed thread above the lower nut

I assume he does not mean the swivel and he means the compression nut on the ballofix itself.

If you look at the picture you can see a drop of water above the ballofix valve.

EDIT - either way the best advice has been to get the plumber back

Plumber came back. He re-aligned the toilet to ensure firm fix with pan adaptor. He also replaced the valve/ballofix and the thingy vertical thing that goes into the toilet tank.

Everything fine now.

thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back