Toilet roll holder ripped paint off wall, need advice!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I live in a rented property and shortly after moving in the toilet roll holder fell off the wall, taking some of the white paintwork with it. We are having an inspection on the 24th (so next Tuesday) and I'd really like to fix it up as much as possible so that they don't notice and I avoid anything being taken out of my deposit. I've been told the particular kind of paint used for the walls so I could try and get hold of that, but I'm wondering what to do about a) the existing screw holes and b), more importantly, the ripped paintwork around it. I'm unsure of what to do, particularly as some of it seems ripped off as you might be able to see in the photograph, and how to blend it in with the surrounding paint, as due to bathroom appliances on the wall I do not feel confident enough to repaint the entire wall without it being quite noticeable. So any advice on how to handle all this would be really useful and much appreciated as I've got the day off tomorrow so plan to deal with it then.

Picture of problem:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back