toilet seat bolts

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a concealed toilet with soft close system. Managed to get the seat off by tapping the two inside buttons with a mallet (they were stuck initially)

Now I'm left with the fixings but this setup doesn't have a nut to tighten and the metal covers don't come off.

They have a hole that appears to have a plastic flat head bolt but I tried turning it and get nothing.

I've attached a picture, would he very grateful for any advice

Attachments

• PXL_20230911_160020346.jpg
    PXL_20230911_160020346.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 37
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Does the cap come off with the black seal underneath it or do they separate? If latter, then will need to try and hold that seal down somehow and they are stuck together

Does the cap come off with the black seal underneath it or do they separate? If latter, then will need to try and hold that seal down somehow and they are stuck together
The cap is just that and separates from anything underneath.You could use needle nose pliers in the hole if it’s stuck.Or pump pliers and rotate the entire fitting to remove.

thanks all - managed to prise it off eventually. Needed to hold down the black plastic underneath whilst lifting the cover. Screw adjusted, added some grease to the cover and all good now

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back