Fitting a toilet seat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Are there any tricks to putting a toilet seat on. I ended up hitting the plastic bits that go in the holes with wood and hammer as it was so tight. Lined it all up before tightening bolts.
DSC_0537.JPG
DSC_0541.JPG

Sponsored Links
Your pics don’t show what type of fixing you have but I suspect you may have hammered in the plastic wing nut that sits under the toilet ? Not in the hole.

Your pics don’t show what type of fixing you have but I suspect you may have hammered in the plastic wing nut that sits under the toilet ? Not in the hole.

Part B of instructions seems to show the thing I hammered in go in the way I put it
1552762912999185933876.jpg

Sponsored Links
Part 10 needs to be a gentle push fit, according to those instructions......helps the seat from skidding about.
John :)

Think that’s maybe optional spacer, if it needed a hammer then probably didn’t need it .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back