Toilet seat - how do I remove this?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone tell me how to remove this type of toilet seat - it is top fixed as there is no access under the pan.
The plastic "screws" on the side are removable but I still can't get the seat off.....has anyone got the same seat or know how to remove it? Many thanks!
toilet3.jpg toilet2.jpg toilet1.jpg
toilet3.jpg
toilet2.jpg
toilet1.jpg

Sponsored Links
If you remove the plastic screws on the side what can you see? It is normally a case of squeeze this/ push that and lift at the same time. So thinking the release catches might be under the screws which are in effect only covers.

Thank you - I will remove the screws and have a look to see what is behind them and then do as you suggest.

Last time there was one that nobody know how to remove it the answer was to Reverse Engineer It!
Or in other words cut it off.

Sponsored Links
Just recalled one where that bar at the back was the release catch.
Thank you - I will remove the screws and have a look to see what is behind them and then do as you suggest.
You might get lucky if you push a screwdriver in and feel a spring tension, that will be the release catch, so push anything you find and pull the seat as I said earlier.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back