Toilet Seat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi never posted on a site like this before so apologies of its in the wrong place. I need to replace my toilet seat. The plumber I use has said my toilet needs to be taken off the wall so he can cut the fixing off?
Just wanted a second opinion because surely it shouldn't be that complicated?

Sponsored Links
Not at all, plastic wing nut unscrews and off it comes. Can be a little bit awkward but there are keys for them that make it easy.

Jon

Thanks for the replies, is it something I could attempt myself? What are the keys called?

Sponsored Links
Oh dear, nope... certainly doesn't need to go to the extreme of taking off the toilet!! If you can't get a pair of grips or an adjustable to grab it then use the tool. Might be easier (and cheaper) to go to screwfix for it though. ;)

http://www.screwfix.com/p/toilet-seat-installation-tool/62412

Was it the same plumber that installed it, cause it looks like those spacers are in upside down.

Sorry for the late response. Thanks Jon that would be great if you don't mind?
No it wasn't the same plumber who installed it but it doesn't surprise me if they are in upside down. Since living here we've found loads of little surprises like that

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back