Can't figure out how to remove toilet seat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I know most toilet seats have either button locks to release them from the hinges or just screws. But for the life of me I can't figure out how to release the toilet seat pictured.

The seat is loose and the slow close has stopped working. I've tried googling but have come up empty. I have no idea what the brand is.

Any ideas?

Edit: I've tried to see if I can pop off the chrome covers but I haven't been able to get between the seal and the chrome bit. I was afraid of breaking something though so I didn't push that hard

Sponsored Links
The chrome covers should slide inwards. Might need soaking in silicone spray first

The chrome covers should slide inwards. Might need soaking in silicone spray first

Thanks for the response. I did give this a go but they don't feel like they're budging at all.

Attachments

• PXL_20211020_123747796.jpg
    PXL_20211020_123747796.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 239
  • PXL_20211020_123338301.jpg
    PXL_20211020_123338301.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 403
Sponsored Links
Finally figured it out! The chrome covers don't come off. There was a small hole in the back that takes a small allen key, after unscrewing it the whole mechanism comes off with the seat.

Thanks all.

I’ve got the exact same toilet seats in my house. When you removed the seat what are you left with? Fixing point etc.

Also what seat did you replace the old seat with as I have two to change?

Soft close ftw.

Means you can tap the lid, post-wipe and it will sit down on its own.

Most people don't put the bog seet down because it means bending to stop it slamming.

Tru fax.

If everyone sat down for every operation there would be no need for soft close or even a moving seat at all, nor would there be urine all over the seat, the bowl sides or the floor

I’ve got the exact same toilet seats in my house. When you removed the seat what are you left with? Fixing point etc.

Also what seat did you replace the old seat with as I have two to change?
Hi, JJ did you manage to find replacements? I need one and can’t seem to locate, about to replace the whole toilet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back