Toilet soil pipe(EDITPan connector to fit 130mm soil pipe?)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
[Subject Edited Tues 25th 17:30...need a pan connector to fit into a 130mm approx non standard soil pipe. Thanks for any help :) ]

I've done a search for this but can't find much info so here goes...

I'm replacing an old toilet that has what I presume is a S trap, the soil pipe exits through the floor under the pan.

1st Question:

The soil pipe seems to be too far from the wall for the modern horizontal (P trap?) toilets...the centre of the soil pipe is approx 260mm from the wall. can anyone confirm my suspicions?

What are my options? The bathroom is on the ground floor and the soil pipe comes up through solid concrete. All I can think of at the moment is boxing out from the wall to meet the back of the new pan/cistern with backing board which would leave me with a shelf behind the toilet.

2nd Question:

The soil pipe is about 140mm in diameter, and seems to be thin black plastic, wall thickness of 2 or 3mm. It projects from the floor by about 30mm. The S trap of the toilet is sunk into this and seems to be sealed in with cement or some type of putty. Firstly, any idea if the black plastic thing itself will be some sort of adaptor to make the pan fit the soil pipe, or is it likely to be the pipe itself.

Secondly, is there a connector that will connect my pan to this pipe? I assume it would just be a push fit with rubber seal rather than the cement or whatever it is that seals the existing connection?!

Thanks for any help :)

Sponsored Links
Would one of these do?

71260001embout__lvresmaller_t_h400.jpg

Sponsored Links
The flash has picked up a BS standard and some other info on the soil pipe that might help :) The damp patch is where I've wiped off the dust.

yvrdto.jpg

yvrdtq.jpg

Can you not lift the boards, cut the soil pipe back, then use a flexi pan connector?

BS2160 I think.

John, I think the horizontal outlet of a new toilet would be past the soil pipe, the flexi pipe would have to double back on itself...not sure if it would have enough space?

can't say i've seen a plastic one like that.

but its either lift a floor board and see if it can be altered in any way closer to the wall if not box it out then fit the pan with a 90 degree bend pan connector.

maybe not then if its concrete just box it out.

I think that the black pipe is a loose fit on the toilet pan and the gap has been filled in with a concrete type mixture. I THINK you will be able to remove the old pan (hammer!), cut the black pipe level with the floor and then use a standard pan connector. You will, however, end up with a huge gap at the back. You could either a) box in the 3" or 4" gap, or b) fit back to wall furnirure, which MAY hide the gap better, but CHECK before you buy... or c) take the floor up, extend soil pipe and fit new loo against the wall.

Done a few like this and there is no easy and quick way round it, that I know of, other than learning to love your old loo!

Thanks for the replies. First decision made...I'll box out and create a nice shelf behind.

The black pipe is slightly narrower where it goes into the floor, maybe 120-130mm wide. Are there multifit type connectors that will fit this sort of size? What is standard by the way?!

Removing the bog...should I just try and cut the pipe as flush to the floor as I can with the pan still connected rather than try and get it out of the cement first?

Spose I just stuff a big sponge in the mouth of the pipe to stop smells whilst its disconnected?

I use a plastic bag filled with some balls of newspaper in lieu of a 110mm plug.

Thanks Blondini, found one :) Is there a product that will help fit the pan to the oversized soil pipe? I think its around 130mm internal diameter and I don't want to resort to bodging a seal as I won't have time once I've started!

I'm assuming all the normal pan connectors won't be big enough to create a seal, correct me if I'm wrong?!

Also found a low level WC by Tivoli BS Ware, has a horizontal outlet but looks like in conjunction with the swan neck thing it won't require boxing out as the pan outlet is 265mm from the wall. Only thing is its quite a traditional design, anyone sell a close coupled bog that has an outlet that is a similar distance from the wall?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back