Toilet swap out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Here is a picture of our existing toilet, we've got a svp that comes out to the side, rather than out the back. Will this new toilet fit (see link) without having to move/change pipes too much?

http://www.victorianplumbing.co.uk/vitra-s-line-low-level-toilet-with-chrome-lever-flush.aspx

Thank you.

image.jpg

Sponsored Links
What you have at present is a standard WC with straight outlet which has been converted by bent toilet connector , I would change like for like with new connector. its always advisable to change the pan connector, surprised you have not had troubles with leakage from the join of the present connector to the soil pipe.

94834.jpg

Thanks for your reply.

Will the new toilet fit, I need to get it ordered.

Fundamentally the toilet will fit but you do need to check dimensions to see how much fitting it will require. Height of the spigot from the floor, depth of the cistern, inlet location etc.

Most are common sizes but some are not.

Sponsored Links
There is a variety of off set pan connectors and flexible pan connectors that should solve most problems of alignment with the original soil pipe

The only way to be certain is to take measurements of the existing and compare them to the dimensions of the new Vitra pan.
The victorianplumbing site doesn't have them under the product listing, but I found them, click link to download pdf and Look at page 111, at the top:

http://www.vitra.co.uk/cms/catalog/2316/S-Line-Brochure-(NXPowerLite)LR.pdf

You will still likely need to "ease and adjust" to get it to fit and may need to employ an extra pan fitting, Google mcalpine to see the range.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back