Toilet waste connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. I would like to connect a 40mm shower and basin waste into the side of a pan connector. I notice you can only buy pan connectors to add a 40mm waste when the connector is fitted horizontally. I want to fit the 40mm just above ground height as I don't have enough fall from the shower tray (on a riser kit on the other side of the bathroom. Is there anyway I can do this? Also what is the best way to replace the existing ceramic toilet and clay collar as shown in the picture? Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
I fitted a new bathroom at my parent's last year and had the same problem with the old toilet. Modern ones sit much closer to the wall. I removed the clay collar and fitted the new toilet with a flexible 6" waste pipe from one of the big diy stores. I guess the only alternative is to knock through the wall and dig down outside.

Not quite sure what you mean with this. If the new toilet sits forward of the wall its no problem, we can just build some studwork for the cisten to sit against. The question is how to add a 40mm waste and how best to remove and replace the collar without broken bits falling down the drain.

I'm sorry, I can't help with the 40mm waste as I'm not sure exactly where you're trying to connect it to. If it's into a bigger pipe then get a 40mm hole saw, cut a hole, push the pipe in and seal around it.
The collar might come out in one piece but if you have to smash it and bits go down the waste pipe just reach in and get them out, there'll be a 90 degree bend not too far down.
A modern plastic waste pipe will slot into the hole that's left and then you can seal around that. If the toilet doesn't fit too far away from the wall then no problem but you may still need a flexible pipe to make it fit.

Sponsored Links
Thanks. So if I buy a 'P' shaped pan connector, I can cut a 40mm hole in the side, put the pipe and seal round with silicon? I can see that might work but it doesn't sound very secure when all the pipe is being held in with is a bead of silicon. If the silicon fails for any reason then I've got foul water dripping out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back