toilet waste flow up hill to stack

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks back for some more advice please as i am a little stuck with this one.

First i have the main stack that i have to break in to to fit the toilet with some sort of tee connector as the toilet is off set from the stack about 300mm

i also need to have a boss tee as close to the as close to the floor as possible which i have achieved via this boss fitting which stands a total height from the floor of 100mm

Now for the the problems the toilet out let at the back of the pan is 225mm to the top of the out let

Even we a cut down tee the minimum height i can get tot he top of the connector is 250mm which would mean the flow from the back of the pan to where it goes down the tee in the stack will have to travel up hill 30mm for around 300mm

Any advice and guidance welcomed as i say i am a little stuck and do not really want to have to raise the toilet and because of where the boss fitting is i cannot lower it.

or would the force of the flush compensate for the uphill flow

cheers

jon

Sponsored Links
Cant you Break the floor ? you will cause your self all sorts of problems with the "solids" running up hill.

I assume the boss is for the shower waste. Why not connect the shower or whatever was going into the boss into the boss on the side of the tee. That way u can drop the tee down where the boss is. Job done.

Sponsored Links
I assume the boss is for the shower waste. Why not connect the shower or whatever was going into the boss into the boss on the side of the tee. That way u can drop the tee down where the boss is. Job done.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

There's plumbers and then there's...............

James.

Hi thanks for the reply's folks

i have to have the boss on the floor or as close to it as i can get it as it need to take the feed from the shower which which will brake through the wall at 50mm high and connect into the boss.

I would prefer to not have to hack out the floor if at all possible but it may be my only option

at least this way with a tee i would only have to sink it to the first collar point so the boss point is on the floor

any other options welcomed

cheers

jon

The boss on the tee would sit on the floor if you take the boss out and put the tee in. Use a holesaw set to cut the hole and you're done. I don't see the issue with connecting the shower waste to the tee.

You can buy tees that have a boss connection on the rear so it would point in the right direction for you. It's the only solution without chasing out the floor and lowering the fittings.

If you have building control involved on your job be aware there is a no connection zone where you have connected the boss for the shower, it should be 200mm from the centre of the 4 inch branch, its unlikely unless you get a jobsworth.

The boss on the tee would sit on the floor if you take the boss out and put the tee in. Use a holesaw set to cut the hole and you're done. I don't see the issue with connecting the shower waste to the tee.

Great idea but not quite that easy.

Ok the boss has to sit on the floor to give me the drop from the shower.

The pipe throughout the floor is a complete 110mm run so to fit a tee I would have to put in a slip connector which would mean having to chip out the floor and cut the pipe below ground level so all the split connector is below ground.

Even if I did this the boss position. In relation to the bend means the boss would be standing about 40 to 50 mm off the floor which is to high.

I have looked at the branch tees with 4 boss connectors as the lower one would sit on the floor as well as the boss 112 tees which again have a lower boss.

However again with both I would have the install a slip,connector below the current level of the contract floor .

Or have I missed something please point me in the right direction as this is doing my head in.

Cheers

Jon

Only way to do it in my option, you only got 25mm to drop down so I would chip away screed around 110mm to 25mm deep and cut 25mm off pipe and make room, chip away, for shower connection. This will give correct height for toilet pan to connect to.

You should had used a manifold fitting before screed is done, that will easy connect to shower and still used a branch tee for toilet with lot of room to adjust.

Also please be aware where you connected to for shower, it is in a no connection zone to prevent cross flow.

Daniel.

I still think if you just use the tee, the connection for the shower isn't going to be much, if at all, higher than the connection that you've currently got. Why don't you put it in and you'll be able to measure it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back