Toilet waste pipe quite far from wall, what can I do?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Basically the waste outlet for my loo is in the floor, but it's miles away from the wall as per pic, meaning my loo comes out quite far into the room. From the wall to the centre of the pipe is 30cm!

BogShot001.jpg

Now my bathroom is not the largest room in the world - infact it's bloody tiny, so I'd quite like to get a loo which didn't come out into the room quite as far. However with the waste pipe in this position I'm not sure if this is possible??

Any ideas if I can better this without moving the waste pipe, as I don't have the time, money or want to start digging up the floor in the room.

Many thanks in advance!

Mike.

Sponsored Links
The only way to do this properly is to dig up the floor and move the soil pipe back to wall,this way you will be able to fit a close couple pan and cistern,

Otherwise you could try a ? mark pan connector to get you back a bit further,av a chat with a Plumber

Sponsored Links
if you dont want to dig up the floor then fit a swan neck pan connector, (as slapper suggested) this will take the pan back about 100mm, back to the wall pan and concealed cistern would work ok.

Think everyones just offering possible alternatives. ffs
1. dig up the floor ffs
2. fit ? mark pan conn' ffcs.
3. fit false wall fffs.
fs

FFS swan neck pan connector and low level wc. cheapest option to gain a few inches. failing that like mr seco said to torrents of abuse, build a stud wall out to take a close coupled.

ffs

This is a swan neck connector (or space saver) as mentioned before but from what I can see in you pic it probably won't make a difference to how far forward your new pan will be. In other words you don't have a choice unless you're prepared to go back on your word and dig out the floor.
space%20saving%20swan%20neck%20connector.JPG

just use a bucket s*d the pan connector.

then you can get it right in the corner.
mnb.png

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back