Toilet waste pipe

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My pan waste outlet is at an angle to the soil stack. I have put on a standard flexible waste tube with a push fit seal onto the pan but it is not holding and has never sealed properly.
Q. Do I trust my luck with another of these push-fit tubes, or is there a flexible tube with a rubber washer and threaded sleeve and collar that can be screwed tight onto the pan. Or do I need to consider using plumbers mate or a sealant to somehow seal the existing tube around the pan outlet?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
garyallen said:
Q. Do I trust my luck with another of these push-fit tubes, or is there a flexible tube with a rubber washer and threaded sleeve and collar that can be screwed tight onto the pan.
I have no idea what you're trying to describe here.

garyallen said:
Or do I need to consider using plumbers mate or a sealant to somehow seal the existing tube around the pan outlet?
No - sealant is not required; instead do this:

1. Measure the outside diameter of the pan spigot.
2. Go to a plumbers' merchant.
3. Buy, or, if necessary, order, a Multikwik pan connector of the size that is correct for your pan.
4. Ignore any advice such as "oh this one'll be alright mate" with respect to a connector for a different pan spigot size.
5. If necessary, wait for the product to arrive.
6. Take connector home.
7. Fit connector in accordance with manufacturer's instructions.
8. Stand back in amazement.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back