Toilet with right angle soil exit?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, The sorry state of my downstairs loo is shown here:

http://goo.gl/mtlw2

My wife wants (OK, I agree too!) a modern loo upgrade!

As you can see, the china from the toilet exits at right-angles to the right. The mains water stopcock is pictured in the right-hand corner at the back. Relocating the soil exit is not an option.

I'm wondering what the options are - I am no expert but am good at listing the problems! Which are:

The existing wall is too far away for close-coupled.
We need to retain access to the stop-cock
Toilets with the rightangle exit bit aren't made anymore

I'd really welcome advice and suggestions on the nicest / most cost-effective route would be to updating this loo to a modern look.
Thank you!

Pete

Sponsored Links
Can you take the wall out and enlarge the room?

If not just extend the soil pipe and have a close coupled.

Don't forget a small wash basin for your hands too. ;)

Close coupled pan, 90 degree flexible pan connector.
Your white pipe would need cutting back closer to the wall.

When fitting the CC pan, why not do away with that pipe to the cistern, tee off the pipe with the stopcock on and fit a remote Surestop stopcock before the tee?

whyfitthis.jpg

Can you take the wall out and enlarge the room?
Either I don't understand what you mean or you're having a laugh? No, the walls are the walls.

If not just extend the soil pipe and have a close coupled.
If I can't get a toilet with a right angle exit for soil that's impossible - did you check my photos?

Don't forget a small wash basin for your hands too. ;)
We already have one in place - it was done a few years ago, before we ran out of momentum on home renovations.

Sponsored Links
Is the wall behind the toilet an internal or external wall? If external you can modify the existing soil pipe so that it enters the room from behind the toilet.

You will struggle to get a Right exit loo.

:(

The soil pipe is no real problem - 90 degree bend from the back of the new pan.
Either a remote control stopcock as suggested, or a second one in line somewhere in a more convenient spot.
This leaves the option of building either an entire false wall, or a waist high one with a hidden cistern arrangement and/or wall hung pan. Or a close-couple backing onto the aforementioned full or half height wall.

Many thanks for this! The flexible pan connector looks great. One question - if you look a the photos I posted the existing white pipe that takes the soil away is wider at the end which allows the join with the toilet out pipe to be made. If it was cut, losing the wider bit, would it still be possible to join the flexible pipe connector into it?

I love the switched mains valve!

Thanks again.

Pete

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back