Toiley Flush renewal help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Y'all

This is my first post, so please be gentle.

I have been scouring the forums looking for tips on fitting a new flush systern in a Toilet, couldn't find exactly what I wanted to ask, so here goes.

I have a matching ceramic toilet & Bathroom suite, its old but looks ok & matches the sink & bath etc.

The only problem is that the toilet has become harder & harder to flush over the years, especially for my 3 kids.

So I'm considering changing it over to a push button flush system.

I just want to take out the old flushing unit, (which is a Dudley Cascade S7B Syphon)
& replace with an easy fit push button flush system.

My questions are, Can I fit a push button flush system in my ceramic systern tank.

As the current handle is on a rounded front corner of the ceramic systern tank, are the buttons made to fit where the handles went or will i have to fit a new systern tank, or drill a new hole for the push button.

& finally can anyone recommend an easy fit push button flush system that I can pick up at the usual places" Plumb centre" "B&Q" or "wickes" etc.

I am an amatuer diyer, I will have a go at anything, & have done plumbing work in my house before, although i try to stick to click together plumbing as its a whole lot easier for the DIYers like me.

Thanks for your help.

E :D

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that Nige

I have got a local Screwfix, So I'll pop down there after lunch.

Could you just advise me on any tools that I might need for the job.

Any special wrenches or anything.

Thanks

E

Sponsored Links
Thanks all for your help.

It took me a couple of hours, mainly because the wingnut bolts that hold the systern to the bowl had seized & were really dificult to remove, & I had a leak from the mains inlet onto the new inlet valve once all was fitted.

A note to anyone else who may attempt this job.

You may also need something to block the hole in your systern that your old overflow used to use, as with this new system the overflow is directed into the loo.

Anyhow thanks all.

Regards

E

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back