tom tom sat nav

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
does anyone know if you can dump the GB maps on the tom tom and download algarve map straight onto the device, we have inbuilt sat nav and dont need the GB maps but might as well use the tom tom in portugal

thanks

Sponsored Links
Depends on the model, though I have one I bought with west european maps as well as uk though the model is supposedly not compatible with further map installation.They can be 'cracked' if you know how.

Depends on the model, though I have one I bought with west european maps as well as uk though the model is supposedly not compatible with further map installation.They can be 'cracked' if you know how.

its a basic tom tom 1, prob about 5yrs old or so, who knows how to crack them?

Sponsored Links
i think you can just overwrite them, it should give you the choice when you put the new maps on if there isnt enough room and if there is enough room it probably wont but then whats the point dumping the gb ones if you could have both

You should be able to backup and restore the old map on tomtom home, at least that's the theory, I've just done the same with a map for Italy.

Home also shows the items on the computer vs device, I copied my UK map to the computer using that before I removed it from the device.

Back