Too heavy to go on roof?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have seen ariel riggers and other roofers go on the neighbours roofs with no roof ladders and when i asked one of them they said that they'd break more tiles with a roof ladder.
are they lying cos theyre too lazy to use them and should i use roof ladders?

btw, these are hardrow tiles.. thin cement ones about 1cm thick, I'm also keen bodybuilder, and after years of going to the gym i weigh 112 kilos. or 18 stone(ish) If i go on the roof am i going to smash em up? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Although roof ladders make it safer they don't protect the tiles and because the load is concentrated through the supports breakage occurs easily

A big laddie like thou (that's my Geordie accent - no offence like) should stay off fragile roofs !

Hmmmnnn??? Im a 22 stone roofer, I break the odd tile, but ony use a cat when the pitch is over 40 degrees or it's too damn high to be sure.
Cats do break tiles where the metal support lies on an edge, so your man was right. they are a safety tool afterall. We prefer harness, rope and the touch of a ballarena even with my size 13's.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back