Too much cold ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi There, i have a tivoli 1.5 pump feeding my shower, with brand new surrey flange in tank. i get plenty of hot and cold water to the shower mixer however it remains tepid. The pipe feeding it gets nice and hot, if i turn the isolater (screwdriver type in-line) a third of a turn so as to restrict the cold water pressure the hot is fine. My questions are as follows a) is there a valve that is purpose built to reduce pressure in the cold feed ie should i use an tap type valve ? and b) does anybody know if there is usally an adjustment within the mixer unit itself ie can the stops be adjusted to allow more hot and less cold into the mix ? Both feeds are independant and the pressure seems fine at both, however the cold seems to hot muscle the hot so to speak. Any ideas or tips ?

Sponsored Links
Hi, cold feed is independant line from cold water tank in loft, down into pump in airing cupboard then from the pump back into loft across landing and dropping into shower mixer in bathroom

Sponsored Links
Well thats a long story, originally there was no pump fitted. shower had usual poor performance, plumber fitted pump, but connected it to top of hot water tank above the out let tee, with no syphon tube etc, no hot water was getting to shower feed pipes never mind the head, So i figured i'd do some research, hence fitted the surrey flange, ok now got plenty hot water to shower mixer but still too much cold unless i turn it down as previously mentioned (between the pump and the shower)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back