Too much noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have had new windows fitted but they are terrible at keeping noise out. I can hear the neighbors talking away like they are in my room. They were fitted as part of an extension and the cavity was filled full of fibreglass insulation and the edges were filled with foam then screwed to secure them. Is there any way to shut out the noise as I guess they can hear us if we can hear them.

Sponsored Links
Trickle vents on the windows? I expect that will be the main source of the noise getting through
You can get baffled ones but to be honest they are very expensive for not much gain

The trickle vent is kept closed, the neighbour is quite loud when he’s talking but it’s like he is in the room with you and he’s a good 10ft away. They have a wooden building with a window in that’s near ours that’s always open and he sits right next to it. I thought new windows were supposed to be quite good with keeping out noise.

The trickle vent is kept closed,

They still let through loads of noise though.

Unscrew the inside cover and stuff some old socks in there as an experiment. I was amazed what a difference it made to my windows.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back