tool insurance, is it worth it?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi all,
i am just renewing my public liability/employer liability insurance but i have noticed that the tools cover is £1000 but some companies are charging over a £100 for it whilst some say its a "free benefit".the cheaper quotes are tempting so i am wondering if anyone has tried to claim on tools insurance and been paid out the full amount, i am a plumber and carry an expensive set of tools which a grand wouldnt cover but of course would be nice if i got robbed, providing they pay out.
any experience would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Sponsored Links
How log have you been trading?
How many times have you had your tools stolen?
Do you have VERY good locks on your van door?
These are questions you need to ask yourself

Also depends were you park, don't forget insurance companies are in it to make money, they are a business.

Your van insurance won't pay out if you left the keys in it while you went inside.

They find any excuse Not to pay out.

Andy

I've got a Van Vault Mobi, which is locked to the van floor near the bulkhead. It can be removed if you need to carry large items. All the good/expensive gear goes in it, and the low value stuff litters the rest of the van floor.

At a hundred quid, its equal to approx one year's tool ins premium, so I don't bother with the ins.

BcHKR4BGkKGrHqQH-CwEqueGMf24BKzE94d5Jg_12.jpg

Sponsored Links
Back