Tool storage

At work I have 2 cupboards where all the handtools should live, each on their own hooks or pegs. There is another cupboard where there is a shelf for each power tool. So far so good, this is where all my tools are meant to live.

However, on the kitchen table right next to where I am typing this there are a cold chisel and a claw hammer. Behing me in the utility room are a planer, both my hammer drills, a circular saw and a jigsaw. On the chair next to me is one of those compartment boxes full of screws.
On the living room floor (if I remember correctly) are a cordless screwdriver, a handsaw and two toolboxes full of small handtools.

It's not always this bad, sometimes it's worse!

Sponsored Links
andrew2022 said:
FWL_Engineer said:
I keep mine in Two Site stors mounted in my van with twin locks each...

No b****r will steel them.

im sure thats its easier to take the van and spend a bit time later and some other location breaking the lock....

That's why I have a GPS tracker fitted that is activated if the alarm is activated, and this means the monitoring company then phone me, if they cannot get me, they contact the Police and can direct them to the vehicle. They also have the ability, via the sim card, to deactivate the Engine Management System by making it think it has a fault, causing it to shut down for 30 minutes.

It was a £600 extra and costs £12.50 a month, but it also reduced my Insurance and I sleep easy in my bed.

FWL_Engineer said:
That's why I have a GPS tracker fitted that is activated if the alarm is activated, and this means the monitoring company then phone me, if they cannot get me, they contact the Police and can direct them to the vehicle. .
Just hope that the robbers don't drive it to Farnborough Hants that normally comes up on GPS as a location of Farnborough Kent ;)

Sponsored Links
Funny how useful a 4 drawer filing cabinet can be ... lengthy tools go elsewhere, overhead, hanging storage in garage which is also properly used for vehicle storage.. not the pavement !
:eek:

Back