Toolbox

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there. I am stuck between these 2 toolboxes. Should I go for the Stanley toolbox which is 19inch or do I go for another brand I haven’t heard of which is slightly bigger for 21 inch? I want to put my hammer, screwdrivers, cordless drill and maybe my saw. I am thinking of going with Stanley as it is a well known quality brand.

Stanley-
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Stanley-...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0
Mano-
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Plastic-...2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=710-127635-2958-0

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I like a suitcase-shaped rather than a chest-shapes, as it bangs into your leg less. If the case is shallow, small things are less likely to get lost at the bottom

and I dislike protruding catches and mini-boxes that can catch on things and spring open or be damaged.

I like a suitcase-shaped rather than a chest-shapes, as it bangs into your leg less. If the case is shallow, small things are less likely to get lost at the bottom

and I dislike protruding catches and mini-boxes that can catch on things and spring open or be damaged.
The DW the OP references has a top handle, so you can clip it to other tool boxes in the same range (TSTAK), as well as a top handle so that it can be carried like a suitcase, John

deWalt T-Stak Case.jpg

Personally I prefer a pull-along box:

Stanley Pull-Along Toolbox.JPG

as they can carry a reasonable size toolkit, and some like the model above can be used as a sawing stool (note the V-groove) a
and with care (and providing you don't weigh 120kg plus) as a hop-up. But they are bigger and more expensive

As others have said, though, metal clasps are better than plastic ones, weatherproof is always better and Stanley/deWalt are a good brand who more or less (in the case of Stanley) started the market off

Last edited by a moderator:

Son in law has the big box dewalt, uses them as a hop up .

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Be careful with some Stanley boxes, some of their tote trays are half the size of the box and lucky if you can fit 2 items on them. I have a bahco toolbox, but not sure if they’re available anymore.

Be careful with some Stanley boxes, some of their tote trays are half the size of the box and lucky if you can fit 2 items on them. I have a bahco toolbox, but not sure if they’re available anymore.
Thanks for the advice mate. The one I ordered has a full size tote tray.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back