Top-access bath traps

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can you buy a bath trap that is accessable from the top for cleaning?

All the ones I have seen are shower traps. What makes then specific for showers?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Would think that you would get loss of seal with the volume of water being drained. :D

I can't think of any reason why you shouldn't fit a shower trap to a bath if you want to. They both require a 50mm seal when connecting to a soil pipe and both drain slowly when almost empty so there isn't much risk of self-syphonage in either case. The shower trap would probably offer more resistance to flow so the bath might empty more slowly. Of course the fact that shower waste outlets don't accept plugs might be a serious problem!

Sorry to disappoint but there are no top access bath wastes in circulation. Shower traps are slightly larger diameter on top and you would not get a sufficient seal underneath your bath.

Joe

Sponsored Links
chrishutt said:
I can't think of any reason why you shouldn't fit a shower trap to a bath if you want to.
No overflow connection. :idea:

Sorry to disappoint but there are no top access bath wastes in circulation. Shower traps are slightly larger diameter on top and you would not get a sufficient seal underneath your bath.

Joe

Well, there's many a time when I could have done with one... perhaps there's a niche here for a new product... anyone?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back