top coat bubbling then peeling off ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
having a problem on 1 of the skimmed/painted walls at moment..have filled a few divots etc with polyfill skimming filla ready mixed..left to dry overnight then sanded smooth flat fair enough..after going over with the roller the paint is bubbling up & even come off on the roller ! really ****ed off as the rest of the walls/ room are finished & i need to move on to the ls room clean gear etc as different colour..am i doing something wrong ? + what should i do to rectify this..cheers again

Sponsored Links
I've been having the same problem - done quite a bit of filling on painted plaster walls which were in pretty poor condition.

Used powdered original Polyfilla, in two separate layers where necessary, sanded after leaving to thoroughly dry, then dusted-down.

I've applied matt emulsion via roller and lots of small areas have lifted onto the roller as I've gone over them. I've also had some large blisters appear over some bits of filler.

The worst areas are where I've put a thin skim of filler over previously-filled-and-painted areas (where filler has sunk or the crack was still noticeable after painting).

after you have rubbed down the filled areas touch them up with a coat of your chosen emulsion colour but first thin it down about 70/30 (emulsion/water) then apply a full coat after it ha DRIED properly ;)

Sponsored Links
I was wondering if it was a dust issue, the filler was certainly dry (been left a few days).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back