Top connector to boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 25 yr old glow worm gas boiler, it is working fine at the moment but realise it will not last forever. I was thinking of replacing it next summer and have researched alot of new boilers. One thing I have noticed is that the gas and water pipe connectors are underneath the boiler on the new ones which seems to leave alot of exposed pipework. My boiler has the water pipes coming from the ceiling over the boiler to top connectors and they and the flue are boxed in with a removable hatch for inspection of the flue. The gas pipe comes out of the wall behind the boiler so no pipes are visible at all. Are there any boilers with top water connections is my question otherwise it may be a problem to get them to connect on the bottom of a boiler. Any advice would be welcome.

Sponsored Links
Where are they located on the existing boiler? What about a stand-off bracket?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for answers, boiler is a Glow Worm economy plus. The two connections for the water pipes on on the top of the boiler, one each side. Not sure what a stand off bracket is.

You need a Heat Only / Open Vent / Regular boiler to replace that. Three names that mean the same thing, and all have connections at the top. Something like a Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 412 would be a good option for replacement

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back