Top fill boilers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Possibly looking for replacement for a Glow worm Compact 100e that was put in using a top fill kit.

Do most makes supply such kits?
Are there any boilers specifically designed as top fill?
Any ideas to get around it? Thought of geting a frame welded up o mount boiler off the wall a bit but will look pants in the kitchen.
We have experienced issues with the plate heat exchangers blocking and with the Glow worm top fill kit it means the boiler has to come off the wall to change it... bit of a nightmare! Pipes come down from under a shower so bit of a hassle to move them.

All advice welcomed
Ta

Sponsored Links
Get a local heating engineer in for a quote and he will know what to do.
I really shouldn't have said that as some poor guy will get his time milked for information with no hope of the work.

This sounds like one of these extreme DIYers who intend to fit their own boiler based on their own ideas without any professional input.

Tony

Sponsored Links
No its someone who has had someone do a job for him recently that he was told on here was a bodge, this despite using a gas safe registered heating engineer. They are obviously not as good as mos on here so sought your advice. So would like advice on what i should expect in the way of best practice to reslove this problem I have.

No hidden agenda just after some advice.

Was going to move it into the loft on looking at head room requirements its too tight in this loft converted bungalow.

Reading between the lines, do you mean that the pipes to your boiler go into the top?

If yes, this is not a problem. Many boilers are available with a special 'stand off frame' that makes the boiler stan an extra couple of inches off the wall. You then also buy a back piping kit, to allow the pipes to run behind the boiler, up to the ceiling.

I fit mostly Remeha boilers. The kits are available for them.

http://www.lowcostplumbingsupplies.co.uk/remeha-upward-pipework-kit-p7507

Thats it really but no frame, currently the one i have is standard fit to wall but the G/worm kit routed pipes through the boiler which cuts down on maintenance space. Last time we had the heat exchanger out it was a real pain as these pipes where in the way.

Wondered if these top fill / back piping kits mean any debris in he system may get trapped in the boiler? hence cause probs a the plate heat exchanger? Just a thought?

Was just reading up on the magnacleans online as it happens.
Will check out your alternative.

Thanks

i would fit a Remeha Avanta 28c or 35c, with optional stand off frame (30mm deep) & pre formed pipework kit which brings all the connections to the top of the boiler.

I replaced a glow-worm compact couple of months ago, all the pipework connections are in the same position, easy job :LOL:

from left to right - heating flow- DHW hot - Gas - DHW cold - heating return

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back