Top fitting toilet seat fixing removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need some help please. I have removed a top fitting toilet seat to replace it. The old fixings appear to have a silver cap covering them, at least I assume its a cap, I cannot separate it if it is a cap. I've tried leaving it with WD40 and I've poured warm water on it to expand the cap. The fittings themselves sit on a rubber enclosing washer and oneside spins around the other doesn't move. Would it be possible that the spindles that held the seat are fixed to the silver cap plate and be screwed down from the top ? Any suggestions on how to remove them greatly received

Sponsored Links
20240204_164027.jpg
20240204_164019.jpg

Have you tried to unscrew the silver cover ,or are you trying to prise it upwards ?

Hi, I've tried to prise it up and unscrew but the fitting under is just spinning too

Sponsored Links
The silver "disc" appears to have a split line near the top, then another silver part below ,and a rubber seal below that ? If that is so ,prise at the split line.
A close up ,in focus , would be useful.

I can't see any split line on the disc, it's solid . I think maybe it looks like it due to the rubber washer that goes half way up the disc.
With regards the chrome half ring, that comes out but doesn't seem to make anything loose and I'm a little lost on the purpose of it.
I think the only solution maybe to cut through the disc and prise apart

The silver "disc" appears to have a split line near the top, then another silver part below ,and a rubber seal below that ? If that is so ,prise at the split line.
A close up ,in focus , would be useful.
The lower piece is clear plastic just looks like metal in photo .

Is it a trick of the light ,or is the vertical post made in two parts ? The top half looks like chrome and the lower half a darker colour ?
I wonder if the little clip thing has to be removed in order to separate the 2 sections. When fitting the toilet seat ,what does the little clip do ??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back