Top-mount Kenmore fridge leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We got a used fridge a month ago, Kenmore (Sears) refrigerator model # 25377132790, manufactured in 1997. Cooling and freezing work well, but we started having leaks in front of the fridge 2-3 times a week. I know there are multiple possible causes, from a clogged or frozen defrost drain pipe to seals. I just started investigating, perhaps you could help hone in on the cause, and avoid going in the wrong direction:

* The area under the fruit/vegetable trays is recessed, and it was completely full of water. I dried it all up, of course, and will pay more attention to it.
* I just noticed the "eco" switch has always been off. The two modes are "eco" and "reduce exterior moisture".
* The seals obviously are old but seem to be in pretty good shape.
* Haven't experienced any ice build-up in the freezer.
* I can't find the drain pan for the life of me, or even a slot where one might be missing. Does anyone have any experience with similar models? Could it be in the back? This is what the (lovely) bottom looks like:

Thanks!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back