Torbeck syphon leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I fitted a torbeck cystern with dual flush syphon. Water slowly leaks into the wc from syphon. I've had a replacement syphon from Torbeck but it leaks also. I've flipped the rubber washer guess what? Still leaks. I've put vaseline on the washer, inside the overflow round the o-ring seal, on the rubber washer seat at syphon outlet, drilled holes in parts of the syphon to release the trapped air (hopefully to weigh down on the washer more). I think I've just about done it all. Guess what? Still leaks.

Remedy? Yep! buying new syphon not made by opella. So take my advice and don't go with torbeck cos they are a waste of money but more than that you'll waste so much time on this problem.

And to think that the girl in the store where we bought our complete new bathroom was singing the praises of the torbeck like it was the highest qualty product. Dissapointed to say least.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back