torbeck variflush

Also, don't use the cleaning blocks that go inside the cistern and slowly dissolve in the water over time.

Sponsored Links
I just had my outlet valve seal/washer fail through hardening, allowing water to pass through following some flushes, where it wouldn't seat correctly.
Tried insanely priced ebay replacement seal/washers (£8), but the rubber material was too hard and I had similar problems to the hardened original.
Tried vaseline on the washer. Tried adding weight to the valve. Both didn't really work for me.
Couldn't face the hassle of changing to a different type of valve, so bought a replacement from toolstation (37186) for £10.50!
The washer on the new valve is the softest rubber material yet (think baking silicone) I've seen for these washers, so maybe they've changed their materials. I expect it will harden up again in a year but at least this time I'll know not to mess aroumd.
Anyway, works perfectly now and I've done a lot of flushes to test it.
I may give the manufacturer a call and see if I can buy some genuine replacement washers though as buying a new valve each time is hardly a green solution to the problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back