Torch On to Pitched Garage Roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Uncle passed down some felt for my wooden Garage/Hut. Which turned out to be Polyglass torch on stuff. Ive no idea how to go about this. Ive managed to locate a shot of a torch but unsure wether to:
1. Remove existing ripped felt
2. Torch the top of felt or below it
3. Torch entire felt or just seems

also the finished side seems to be white? is this double sided?

Sponsored Links
sounds like its white mineral finish. like the traditional green mineral there are various colours now. red/brown, grey/blue, black, white. torch on can be tricky if you aint used to it.. need to heat it up just right and roll as heating. very easy to overcook it and not enough heat and it wont stick. if its just a quick fix might be worth paying a local roofer a few notes to flash it down on the understanding theres no promises to keep it watertight. wont look pretty without edgings being done but will add a couple of years useful life out of it. a single garage aint gonna take longer than an hour to flash a topsheet over it. if you get there first and clean all old chipping/debris off it.

just re-read the wooden garage /hut thing.. might be worth posting a pic . had a normal garage roof in my head. might be a little more tricky if it an apex pitched roof setup

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back