Torrent cylinder is leaking - help please!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Son lives in a flat in that Manchestah and the Torrent cylinder is dribbling warm water through the overflow tundish. He hasn't changed any settings. Am I right in thinking there's a pressure leak inside the cylinder and it's time for a new one? It's 18 years old.

He's worried about the cost of the escaping hot water, is there anything he can safely do while waiting for a plumber?

Attachments

• IMG-20221216-WA0005.jpg
    IMG-20221216-WA0005.jpg
    264.1 KB · Views: 52
Sponsored Links
First thing to check is the ballcock is not passing, shut the chrome angled service valve at the ballcock at the top of the store and scoop out some water to below the level of the overflow and monitor the water level overnight, if the level stays the same you just need a new washer on the ballcock, if the level still rises with the service valve closed then its likely the cold main is pinholed inside the store.

Sponsored Links
That's great, thanks for your help. My son spoke with a plumber who is coming on Monday and that's more or less what he told my son.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back