Torsion hinge - for doors

Sponsored Links
Not sure what you problem is, but if you doors don't close properly the latches need refitting correctly..

Hey,

I've seen these before - http://www.rockler.com/lid-stay-torsion-hinge-lid-support-satin-nickel

Can you get them for standard internal doors, to replace normal butt hinges.
No. That type of hinge is a small cabinet hinge and completely unsuitable for use as a door hinges. The nearest I can think of for full size doors would be the Soss hinge which are sometimes used on high end installs (and are very expensive), but as Foxhole says it sounds more like your latch plates need adjustment

Thanks. The doors do close properly and tight.

What I mean is when the door is fully open and you get a gush of wind the door swings into the lining and 'bounces' on the latch (not in it) if that makes sense because of the wind. So you either have shut the door properly or wedge it open.

Sponsored Links
Is there anything you can do to 'tighten' a butt hinge to stop it 'swinging' so freely?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back