Tory party rebels to be kicked out

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are trying to argue your case by a lack of equivalence.

Boris Johnson, Cummings and the new cabinet are utter liars, a bunch of self serving politicians.

It is disgusting that Johnson should prorogue parliament to stop debate and then lie to say it is normal practice.

And yes there are many polititians that have a great deal of integrity.

21 of them lost their jobs to vote for what they believed.
That is integrity.

Let me see you argue they havent shown integrity
Traitors.to party.to people..Sorted

Sponsored Links
You are trying to argue your case by a lack of equivalence.

Boris Johnson, Cummings and the new cabinet are utter liars, a bunch of self serving politicians.

It is disgusting that Johnson should prorogue parliament to stop debate and then lie to say it is normal practice.

And yes there are many polititians that have a great deal of integrity.

21 of them lost their jobs to vote for what they believed.
That is integrity.

Let me see you argue they havent shown integrity
Traitors.to party.to people..Sorted.

It is disgusting that Johnson should prorogue parliament t
Lol...would be genius if your Mentor Jezza had thought of it..Twist as much as you like Notchy....ref said out..end of ..the rest of your argument is flawed.Why have another ref ....you will take no note if you lose

Traitors.to party.to people..Sorted

Durhamplumber says he is happy to be lied to by a prime minister

Durhamplumber says he is happy for a prime minister to stop democratic debate and push through a no deal that there is only minoroty support for in the public.

Durhamplumber is so entrenched in his views he doesnt care how devious politicians become.

What does the above say about durhamplumber?

Sponsored Links
Durhamplumber says he is happy to be lied to by a prime minister

Durhamplumber says he is happy for a prime minister to stop democratic debate and push through a no deal that there is only minoroty support for in the public.

Durhamplumber is so entrenched in his views he doesnt care how devious politicians become.

What does the above say about durhamplumber?
Democracy Notchy...Boris is carrying out MY wishes,,after I won a democratic vote!.You wish to ignore votes,,,until you win 1

Why make it personal? @Notch7 You seem to think that people who favour Johnson over Corbyn are just misguided and that Corbyn if elected would destroy the wealth of those who contribute 30% of tax, for the benefit of the country? I cannot see those 5-10% of top tax payers just sucking it up and paying another 10% on top.

He's got his eyes on:
- business equity taking shares and giving them to workers. If you think Brexit caused an exodus of UK-HQs wait until that happens.
- re-nationalising industry which will either leave shareholders out of pocket or the tax payer out of pocket.
- then you have pension taxes, inheritance taxes, stamp duty etc etc.

Its going to cost a fortune and people wont sit still while there savings and investments get wiped out.

Why make it personal? @Notch7 You seem to think that people who favour Johnson over Corbyn are just misguided and that Corbyn if elected would destroy the wealth of those who contribute 30% of tax, for the benefit of the country?

Utter horse poo, and you know it. I don't agree with all of Labour Policies or all of Tory policies.

The Tories had a chance to redefine themselves and clean up - right of centre policies, but they chose to go off the cliff with more failing RW policies.

Note my edit while you posted - but your opinion is just that and while nobody can know what a Corbyn led government would do (based on strength of majority) we know from his last campaign it was freebies for everyone paid for by the wealthy.

I'm not fan a big fan of BJ, actually I liked the Con/Lib alliance under Cameron and Clegg as we got a moderate govt. Even Blair had his strengths, but for me Corbyn would make Brexit look like a speed bump given the cliff we'd head off.

How many times must it be said - if you don't want to tax businesses then taxes must fall on people - if it falls on people you can tax income, consumption or wealth.

If you don't want to tax people then say we must cut services. Then deal with that fall out.

How many times must it be said that if these industries were nationalised then they would become assets. Why is it that only one side of the argument is ever made.

Shareholders are not some sacred group - if they don't want risk buy bonds (well not at the moment lol)

The idea of workers owning business equity works in countries like germany, but as an idea it has its merits but I doubt it will fly in the laissez faire economics of the UK. I would like to see the mechanism used to achieve it.

But these are actual ideas - whether you like them or not the proposals by the Tories are just more failed neo liberal economics.

To repeat we need Real Conservatives to stand up and put forward new ideas.

How many times must it be said - if you don't want to tax businesses then taxes must fall on people - if it falls on people you can tax income, consumption or wealth.

If you don't want to tax people then say we must cut services. Then deal with that fall out.

How many times must it be said that if these industries were nationalised then they would become assets. Why is it that only one side of the argument is ever made.

Shareholders are not some sacred group - if they don't want risk buy bonds (well not at the moment lol)

It can be said an infinite number of times, but it doesn't change the fact that it's wrong.
A nation's economy is not finite and not defined by the wealth/income of the residents. You do not have a fixed source of income from which to tax. The reality is you can increase the pool by attracting the business of your neighbours. That is basically the Irish economy. Denmark (IP taxes), Luxembourg (VAT) and to some degree the Netherlands ('European Hub") all source income which would be due to their neighbours. They are in effect taxing other economies through being more attractive.

If you want companies to buy in to the idea that workers should own shares, then bring back share save schemes, which were scrapped, I think by the last labour govt. In this model companies reduce their employers tax liability by allowing employees to buy discounted shares. Simples! but clearly not the Corbyn approach.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back