Touchpanles for lights and control

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do the building regs apply to touchpanles that perform many function. A colour screen that displays information is basically unviewable at 1200mm.

As it displays information it needs to be approc 1600 to 1800mm. Does anyone have any experience of using these?

Edited to add...on further reading Part M1 does not apply to and extension or material alteration. As a rresult of our extension and investigation of the wiring we are rewiring the remainder of the house as the wiring was not safe. If I read this right and I welcome the input Part M1 will not apply and we can put the touchpanles at a sensible height?

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
As far as I know the mounting heights apply to new builds only, however, I’m not sure if that has changed in the latest revision of Part M as I’ve not needed to fully digest it.

If it does apply and your touch screens are the only form of lighting control then you may need to make other provisions for people with limited reach (or in my case the wife who could never deal with such technology)

You could do this by using some remote controller’s, you could then argue that provision had been made for people with limited reach.

I would suggest you contact your local BC as at the end of the day they seem to have the last word on everything

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back