towel rad how do i fit it

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i am new too this but i want to fit a towel rad in bathroom i have allready took old one away but i dont no how to fit a towel rad how you measure it etc to fit onto wall

Sponsored Links
Come with 3 or sometimes 4 fixings. Telescopic, mark wall for space between the rails you wish to use, measure exactly centres of space between top rails and bottom one you wish to use. Mark wall same, drill, mount back of telescoping leg, insert other part, assemble wdgy bit onto it wth towel rail held in place, screw together, do up small screwes in side of telescoping leg to fix depth.

Mark floor exactly beneath valves (which are straight through for showers), bring pipe up to rad valves, tighten nut. Open valves, fill system, bleed towel rail. Pat yourself on back.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your advice just 1 more question do you put valves on rad 1st and bring pipes up to it or do you bring the pipes up then put valves on and what size pipe do you use on towel rad is it 15ml

Put the Valves on the Towel Rail first (while its not attached to the wall) it will be easier and yes 15mm pipe will be fine. If you put the valves on first you can then cut two lengths of 15mm Copper Pipe and also connect these to the valves. If you cut them long enough to drop beneath the floor, then all you need to do is connect up underneath the floor... Depending on the layout etc, you may find that easier :D

Oh... and don't forget PTFE tape on the valve threads before you screw them into the Towel Rail.

And putting 'Inhibitor' into the system will be a nice touch :D

You can get chromed copper pipe which adds a nice touch.

BUT ideally you need to sandpaper it where you do up the compression fitting or pushfit, but if you use pushfit only trust tectight on chrome, and then only when it's roughed up with sandpaper. To solder it you have to sand off all the chrome.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back