microbore pipe work

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there,i'm wanting to take off an old rad and replace it with a towel rad,the pipe work to the rad is microbore,need too know how too bleed the rad and how to refill,i will have to extend the microbore because i want to fitt the towel rad higher up the wall.
thanks.

Sponsored Links
Bit confused :confused:

Re-filling the system will depend on whether it is open vent or a sealed/combi system.

New towel rail will be bled from air vent on top of it :confused:

cheers for repy,the system is a tank fed from attic,i just want to take a old rad of and replace it with a towel rad,the rad valves will have to come off,so i just need to know how to drain off the water supply to the rad.thanks again

Sponsored Links
If you are having to alter the pipe work to the new towel rail then you will most probably have to drain the system, not just the old rad.

i want to lift it about a foot of the floor,if i have to drain the system can you advise how to and how to re-fill.thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back