Towel Rad Nightmare

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I decided to bleed my radiators this evening about 9.30pm (not sure why). After bleeding all the radiators I got to the last one which was a towel radiator.

Whilst using the screwdriver to bleed the rad the whole valve also turned and water started gushing out.

I went to tighten it back up but the O ring got twisted and would;t let me tighten it. In the process of tightening the valve up I managed to snap of the top bit of the valve rendering the whole valve useless .

In the end I drained the whole system and refilled it back up, all the rads seems to be working fine apart from the towel rad. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where I can buy a replacement valve and best way to to fitting this. I have combi vaillant system. :cry:

cheers

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the link Dan, this valve looks the b..o..l..lo..cks. :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
B n q will have normal vents in stock tomorrow if you're desperate. Not sure if they're open on ny day though.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back