Towel rail part leaking - anyone know the name of the part?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know what this is called please? Our towel rail radiator is leaking and we've tried taping the tread but the leak is coming from elsewhere on this part and its corroded. We would just like to replace this part if we can instead of a whole new valve. I've looked everywhere online but can't seem to find it[/img]

Sponsored Links
Given it's got splines, it's called a handwheel/Wheelhead valve, if you have that out then I assume the system is drained to that valve level?

Will you get one on it's own, may need to know the make.

May be easier just buying a whole new valve?

Thank you. Yes drained the radiator. Will try and find the model. Thank you for your help :)

Sponsored Links
It's not a cheap option but Lunns ( Hampshire I think) are a plumbing outfit
On their website look for tap inserts/ splines or something like that
You count the splines on the end of your piece and go to the relevant section, looking for your body.they offer measurements top and bottom to try and get the right one
Takes a while though and as I say, not cheap

Of course, it should be perfectly serviceable. If it's leaking from the centre then pop out the circlip and push out the core and replace the o ring(s), silicone grease the worm thread and then replace the main tap washer

Thanks. One of my friends asked a plumber friend and they thought it was a tap part. It seemed to have stopped leaking but will get the new part as not sure how long it will remain like it. Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back