Towel Rail Question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Just about to buy a central heating based towel rail for parents..........as yet we havent positioned the copper pipes ready for it yet

Parents believe that the copper pipes for the towel rail will be able to come up from the floor and then into the valves and then the towel rail (the rail will be positioned just off the floor hopefully)

I have a towel rail and as its positioned higher up off the floor the pipes are embedded into the wall

My question is for the majority of towel rails are the pipes supposed to come out from the wall ??

I know you can get floor standing rails but they are overpriced for what we need

Also as we have never fitted a rail does anybody have any fitting advise......I think the pipes comming from the wall or floor have to match up with the pipe centres on the towel rail.....is that correct?

thanks for any info

Sponsored Links
My pipes come up from the floor, in side the towel rail & then do a 90 degree to connect (what I mean is on an ordinary rad the pipes are outside).
Yes the pipes must line up with the valves on the towel rail.

The pipes need to measure up with the flow and return fittings, if your not sure where the pipes will be once the fittings are on the towel rail, put them on and get someone to hod the towel raid where you want it then mark where the pipes need to come up.

If they don't come up in the correct places the towel rail won't fit onto the pipes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back