Towel rail - shorter brackets?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, spent the last few days remodelling and retiling downstairs WC and the mrs is keen for a towel radiator.

However the pipes are a little too close to the wall for it to be straightforward.

I’ve put it up for now, just using the two top brackets, but the rad is at an angle. It seems the closest it can be to the wall is 75mm using the supplied brackets, and I need it about 50mm.

6977621B-BBA3-4C91-924C-58E6EE05D95A.jpeg

The pipes can’t be moved, not without taking the kango to the concrete floor.

Are shorter, lower profile brackets available anywhere?

Thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Good thinking. But they’re chrome-played plastic, not actual metal. I did think about butchering them with angle grinder, but it’s almost certainly gonna go wrong isn’t it

Just punched Towel rail brackets into St Google and options appeared if you want to go searching.

Sponsored Links
Aye have looked at loads, but all seem to be around the 75mm mark. Will keep looking, ta

What about some chrome pipe and a couple of chrome elbows to bring the pipe connections closer to the wall?

Hi, aren't the brackets separate 'chromed' plastic tubes?
Mine were and I had to adjust them. I just cut an equal amount off each tube with an hacksaw.
Job done

Hi, aren't the brackets separate 'chromed' plastic tubes?
Mine were and I had to adjust them. I just cut an equal amount off each tube with an hacksaw.
Job done
Same for me. Just make sure you cut down the front face of the wall fitting tube, or you lose the fixing hole!
New holes were drilled for the grub screws and the cut face was cleaned up with a touch of silver enamel paint.
A new pack is under £10 from Amazon, so i would say have a go!
Good luck!

Get corner valves for the rail and elbow up into the back of them. Forget the chrome look and paint them to match the tile colour.

This also has the benefit of more space behind the rail to actually be able to hang towels over the thing! :sneaky:

This also has the benefit of more space behind the rail to actually be able to hang towels over the thing! :sneaky:
...though if the radiator is any further out, it may get perilously close to bare legs and nasty burns! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back