Towel Rails With A Mind Of Their Own

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We've just moved to a new house and trying to work everything out with the system, curious to see if someone with some experience can explain what we are seeing.

Basically in the middle of the day with the CH and HW turned off both of the towel rails (one in upstairs and one in downstairs bathroom) are on. I believe going through what has been left to us they are supposed to be on the HW circuit.

I can see a 2 port valve for HW in the airing cupboard and it still seems to be actuating normally. I expect this means that this is a 2x 2 port system but I haven't found the CH one. I suspect it may be in the loft but I am recovering from knee surgery so I cannot get up there!

The heating appears to be working normally though, no other rads are hot, just the towel rails.

Can you suggest why this might be? If it is likely to be a fault or what I should be looking for to understand it further?

Cheers,
James

Sponsored Links
Is the boiler running when this happens?

Have the towel rails got cables going to them?

Ah yes sorry - they do have cables but the power is turned off so they aren't running on electricity.

Not sure about the boiler - they seem to be cooling down now so probably not a fair test, will have to see next time they kick in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back