towel warmer heated by element and ch system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm about to install (with the help of an electrician) a towel warmer which will be heated in winter by the ch system, and in summer with an electrical element connected to a timer. Does it matter whether the ch (honeywell) thermostatic valve is located at the same terminal as the element on the towel warmer and/or is there any rule as to whether each item, including stop valve should be located at specific points (input or output)? I am aware that closing both input and output valves would cause pressure to build up inside the unit, so that can be managed!

Sponsored Links
It makes no difference which way round but keep one valve open.

Wouldn't bother with a trv in a bathroom personally. They tend to be effected by steam from showers or Baths taken by women that you could boil a lobster in

Sponsored Links
Wouldn't bother with a trv in a bathroom personally. They tend to be effected by steam from showers or Baths taken by women that you could boil a lobster in

Many thanks for your obs. It's a small 2.5m x 1.5m ensuite with an enclosed corner shower and no bath. It's directly adjacent to a well insulated bedroom, so I want to minimise the heat coming from the ensuite. However, valid point made - I'll have a think over a cuppa. Cheers.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back