Towerstat RF Issues

Sponsored Links
what happens when you turn the set temp down to minimum and leave for 5 mins , does the green light go out ?

No, stays on all the time. It will only go off if I turn off the receiver, and then won't light again until the stat tells the boiler to fire, but then stays on.

What fan sign ?

The three blade symbol in the middle of the transmitter display.

upload_2021-1-7_18-55-24.png

That is the comfort icon nothing to do with a fan, can you post a pic of the display of your actual stat so I can see what it thinks is happening

Sponsored Links
The instructions don’t seem to mention the 3 bladed “fan” icon? I’m wondering if it’s the heat/cool icon?

Comfort seems to be the sun?

Attachments

• 54F73993-F24A-40E0-B820-9C1C136F692A.jpeg
    54F73993-F24A-40E0-B820-9C1C136F692A.jpeg
    108.7 KB · Views: 89
  • 935E03D2-CD3C-4282-9083-786229628114.jpeg
    935E03D2-CD3C-4282-9083-786229628114.jpeg
    229.4 KB · Views: 102
The instructions don’t seem to mention the 3 bladed “fan” icon? I’m wondering if it’s the heat/cool icon?

Yes, the sun and the fan mean two different things.

The fan symbol is when the stat is asking the boiler/cooler (as it can be attached to either) to do something. So for me, whenever the boiler fires (in the past at least) the fan would blink, then when the fan stops blinking, the boiler turns off. It's the fan turning off, and therefore telling the boiler to turn off that the boiler is not responding to.

Does this help

upload_2021-1-7_19-20-13.png

Sorry, you'd already posted the display, for some reason I couldn't see it.

When it 'lights up' it shows as three blades sort of turning, not like on that picture. It's difficult to explain.

Great, can you post a photo of your display as per Ian?

Great, can you post a photo of your display as per Ian?

So I've manually turned up the temp to trigger it wanting to turn on the boiler which is why the hand is showing now.

upload_2021-1-7_19-35-10.png

Then would look like this when the boiler has reached temp, the fan turns off.

upload_2021-1-7_19-37-29.png

cant see any issues there, that is perfectly normal, if you switch the receiver to off does the boiler stop ?

hen would look like this when the boiler has reached temp, the fan turns off.
It has nothing to do with the boiler temp, it is the temp of the air in the room that the thermostat is sited that switches the demand on and off

It has nothing to do with the boiler temp, it is the temp of the air in the room that the thermostat is sited that switches the demand on and off

You know what I mean, I appreciate that the boiler is hotter than 21 degrees! :D

Can only be a communication error,or a faulty unit, your settings are all correct, when you took the batteries out to replace them , did the reciver stay on ?

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back