Toyota avensis not starting

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello i have a 2 reg toyota avensis

i had a problem witht the lights flashing evry 5 minutes so i used to take one terminal off before parking at night

One night i parked in garage with a terminal off next day i put it back on to start it and nothing was working the engine would not turn over all the lights wipers cd player heater windows locks evrything has gone only the mileage comes up on the dash nothing is else is showing

what can the problem be?

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Flat battery ? Try another battery or try jump leads.
The flashing of the lights could be linked to the alarm?

;)

have tried a fully charged new battery still doing the same no lights coming up on the dashboard and nothing working..
The lights flashing have been quite a problem because the unlock button on the key has snapped off so the remote is useless so when a door is opened the lights start flashing

Sounds like the alarm system, flashing lights & broken fob. Do you have another black or grey key fob? If you have I can send you the reprogramming sequence.

I think it would be better to start by having a diagnostics done, it should point you in the right direction.

;)

Sponsored Links
Haven't worked on Toyota for about 6 years but:
The sirens on the Avensis were prone to getting water ingress and this could cause the indicators to flash at random.
Also sounds like the vehicle alarm is armed which is why the lights flash when the door is opened (In this case the siren is faulty if it is not sounding) and as soon as the key is put into the ignition it cancels the alarm so you can drive the car. That is normal.
If the alarm is armed you will need to disarm it before you can program a key. If you don't have a working spare you will need to use the lock receiver and key from a donor vehicle to disarm it.

Regardless the state of the alarm the car should still start as the alarm and immobiliser are totally separate. It does sound like a flat bettery but you have eliminated that so you will have to look a little deeper. If I can remember anything else I'll post it up.

i dont have any other key with the car
also it used to start with the lights flashing but now on the dashboard only the airbag light comes up nothign else? wipers lights evrything has stopped working?
Could this be a fuse which has been blown or soemthing?
Also how do i disarm the alarm system

Thanks

i dont have any other key with the car
also it used to start with the lights flashing but now on the dashboard only the airbag light comes up nothign else? wipers lights evrything has stopped working?
Could this be a fuse which has been blown or soemthing?
Also how do i disarm the alarm system

Thanks

What model of Avensis is it. The last of the old model or the VVTI which replaced it.

Just a quick question

the alt fuse 100amps located in the engine bay was blown

Is this the problem the car is not starting?

Could someone please help thanks

Sponsored Links
Back