Toyota radio mysteriously u/s

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have an RDS radio that has suddenly stopped working (not lighting up at all) in a K-reg Corolla. Prior to this fault I was fixing the interior fan, and disconnected various connectors wires/fuses during this job, probably disconnected the radio from supply at some point.
I can find one conductor carrying 12V on one of the 2 connectors blocks.

Can anyone tell me if this is an anti-theft function? (I thought anti-theft conditions usually result in a lighting-up radio with HELP displayed)

If it is anti-theft, do I have to press a special sequence in order to get the chance to unlock it?

If its not anti-theft, can anyone give me some help with the wiring scheme? I have 2 connector blocks going to the stereo.

The radio has the following numbers:
W58403 written on the front panel
Model No. 86120-12820
Ref. No. 22DC799/93
Manufactured by Philips dictation.

Sponsored Links
most modern car radios do need a code if they have been down powered, i presume you havent got this code, since you do know seem to know too much about it, i would suggest you take it to local dealer (after you have read the manual)

Thanks for that Breezer...
the radio does not need a code in fact. I just found the wiring diagram, and have determined that I have lost "12V Battery". "12V Ignition" is present via the key-switch, but for some reason the permanent supply from the battery has failed.
(tested the stereo with croc-clips and it lights up & tunes in)
This conductor appears to be connected to the 12V supply to the cabin light which is also not present.
It was the cabin light problem that I was looking into when I realised the stereo had stopped working...

So now I guess I've got to go chasing this wire back through the loom.

Don't suppose this is a common problem with aging Corollas? anyone?

Sponsored Links
Back