Tracking cookies

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm currently having a problem with tracking cookies appearing on my computer. This has only manifested itself since the kids starting using the Moshi Monsters. Coincidence??
I recently got myself a dongle for mobile internet, never had this problem when I had a hard wired B/B connection. Both AVG and SuperAntiSpyware find the problem, but only SAS will deal with it. The tracking cookie has been accessing my Hotmail, too, and sending out junk e-mails to everyone in my adress book. I'm sure I'm now shot of it, but I'm baffled as to where it's coming from. Is it worth banning Moshi Monsters??

Sponsored Links
AVG found nothing. However it was AVG that popped up with the cookie alert in the first place, but it refused to do anything with it. I'm going out in a bit, perhaps I'll let it do a full scan while I'm out. I'm pretty sure I don't have a virus, the pootah is not showing any other symptoms, everything works fine so far as I can tell. I don't tend to get a lot of viruses, I've had, what, 3 in 5 years?? Is it possible that my dongle is not secure?? I'm not very savvy on exactly how and what a dongle does what it does, but I'm assuming that the AV software I'm running will be sufficient to deal with any issues that arise. I rarely had a problem when I had a wired connection before. Nothing has changed with my Antivirus software. The only thing extra I'm running is SuperAntiSpyware. That found 92 cookie issues last night. Not all of them harmful, of course, but since I couldn't be arsed to work out what was what, I just let it remove the lot. The cookie thing seems to have gone away now, since I did that last night. I'm very confused. :unsure:

SuperAntiSpyware. That found 92 cookie issues last night. Not all of them harmful, of course, but since I couldn't be a***d to work out what was what, I just let it remove the lot.

They are invasive cookies and spyware which is why SAS got rid of it.

Sponsored Links
And if your sending out emails but not doing it yourself you have a virus.

Cookies CANNOT send emails:

Cookies cannot be programmed, cannot carry viruses, and cannot install malware on the host computer. However, they can be used by spyware to track user's browsing activities

As Alarm said, "You have a Virus or some malware.

Having run SAS now run Malwarebytes Antimalware

dave

Back