Trade deals progress

In the poll that BAS posted I would critisice the very low number of people polled.

The only people that want the peace process to fail are those involved with the making, distribuition and use of guns and bombs.

Sponsored Links
In the poll that BAS posted I would critisice the very low number of people polled.
But it might have been a representative sample. Without analysing the methodology and the representative sample, you can't make such a judgement.

The only people that want the peace process to fail are those involved with the making, distribuition and use of guns and bombs.
An opinion based on a poll?

Ban-all-shed's post was not about those who want the peace process to fail, but some Brexiteers and the consequences of a certain type of Brexit

Can you show which ones?

Or is that another of your baseless claims, untainted by such quotidian concerns as facts and truth?

no because I do not open em ;)

due to your irrational and some what disturbing behaviour (IRA ;)) they are probably all dodgy :p

Sponsored Links
I can read
Really?

You might be able to "read", but you are very poor at understanding, because you keep on "reading" what I post about those polls and then say that it is I who is making the claims of what the polls showed.

I polled 2 people and found that 100% of motorway users in England are men. Further to that I found 50% of motorway user are 40years old with theother 50% being 22years old.
You are so bad at this that I honestly don't think you have any idea how much of a t**t saying that makes you appear.

Last edited:
I could have sworn you said that you could read.

If you can, please show us where you read anything about people wanting it to fail.

Really?

You might be able to "read", but you are very poor at understanding, because you keep on "reading" what I post about those polls and then say that it is I who is making the claims of what the polls showed.

You are the one posting the poll results on here multiple times and in bold. You are the one posting up the IRA images. You are the ****.

Thank you for giving me an answer to a question I didn't ask.
It's not my fault you don't know what you're talking about :rolleyes:

I know how borders work, the EU has land and sea borders with lots of non EU countries, the EU imports millions of tons of goods from non EU countries without any problem ,so if the EU can seamlessly import from and export to non EU countries why should N.Ireland outside the EU cause any problems.
Because the N.I. border becomes a hard land border with the EU but without freedom of movement...

Which is illegal according to the Good friday agreement!

And it is not a 'seamless' process, it is based on laborious negotiations to ensure that standards/regulations are maintained.

Thus when the UK leaves the EU it will have to prove to each and every EU/EEA country that British standards meet theirs.
Which also btw means duplicating more roles to be filled by unelected UKcrats!

Should we do a deal with for example the US, and then should we allow in goods that don't meet EU standards then we would have no corresponding 'throughput' to the EU market...

These standards would have to be upheld, hence the problems that will be caused.

It's a shame that quitters don't understand the 'on the ground' ramifications of their hissy fit!

Because the N.I. border becomes a hard land border with the EU but without freedom of movement...
I don't think that's accurate.
Certainly the CTA agreement does not rule out a hard border. It just requires freedom of movement for UK and Irish citizens without visas and with all the legal and societal benefits that the indigenous people enjoy. But that does not rule out border checks for people, and the identifying of non-Irish or non-UK citizens, and the potential for refusing permission to cross that border. This is currently done at existing border checks e.g. airports and ports.

The Good Friday Agreement expressed the wish of both sides to exhibit different identities, currencies, laws etc, (until any potential re-unification) but encouraging the mixing of communities. The problem with a potential hard border in NI/Ireland is the vast number of crossing points, and the lack of infrastructure to allow borders checks at all those crossing points, and the missing infrastructure to prevent simple bypassing of border crossings. It would be like introducing a hard border between Wales and England, a vast and expansive infrastructure project that would divide communities, land, farms, towns, schools, etc. Any hard border will effect one of the points in the GFA, that of encouraging the mixing of communities. That effect is difficult to quantify or predict.
In addition, such hard borders in the island of Ireland (and those manning those points) might become the focus of attention of 'protest', requiring something substantially more than simple customs officers. (Simple as in their task, not in their mental capacity)

When seriously considered, a hard border in the island of Ireland is a no brainer, i.e. to be dismissed out of hand. Although that statement is a bit contradictory (seriously considered - no brainer).

I would add that the main aim of the GFA was to rebuild trust and relationships between the people of NI (Unionists and Republicans), between the people of NI and Ireland, and between the people (and governments) of GB and Ireland.
Brexit goes some considerable distance in undermining the GFA.
The lack of a Stormont government has also undermined the GFA.

Last edited:
It's not my fault you don't know what you're talking about :rolleyes:

And it is not a 'seamless' process, it is based on laborious negotiations to ensure that standards/regulations are maintained.

Thus when the UK leaves the EU it will have to prove to each and every EU/EEA country that British standards meet theirs.
Which also btw means duplicating more roles to be filled by unelected UKcrats!

Should we do a deal with for example the US, and then should we allow in goods that don't meet EU standards then we would have no corresponding 'throughput' to the EU market...

These standards would have to be upheld, hence the problems that will be caused.

It's a shame that quitters don't understand the 'on the ground' ramifications of their hissy fit!
Oh no .....its just all too much for the feeble remainers who need to hold Aunty Merkle's hand.

But it might have been a representative sample. Without analysing the methodology and the representative sample, you can't make such a judgement.
"Representative sample"...sounds great but in reality completely vague nonsense

I don't think that's accurate.
Certainly the CTA agreement does not rule out a hard border. It just requires freedom of movement for UK and Irish citizens without visas and with all the legal and societal benefits that the indigenous people enjoy.
Tell me then...

How do you work out if someone is of UK/Irish citizenship when they turn up at a border between the EU and a 'third country', which N.I. (as part of the UK) will become?

Because in order to prove a right for free movement, it is also necessary to prevent those not eligible.
Thus checks will have to take place which is a hard border - and which is against the Good Friday agreement!

Sponsored Links
Back