train 4 trade

. I think a lot of gas fitters on here seem to think for some reason its a highly skilled job.Well thats bull.... Anyone with half a brain can do it. ess. I chose this job because it interested me, not for the money.
I think the other thing you are missing is that you have an aptitude for it.

Some people say ice skating is easy. No to me it ain't and it never will be - I haven't got that sort of balance

Sponsored Links
I think a lot of gas fitters on here seem to think for some reason its a highly skilled job.Well thats bull.... Anyone with half a brain can do it.

I think that a lot of gas fitters on here meet plenty of folk who believe as you do and bill them to put things right.... Perhaps gas fitting isn't on the same level as neurosurgery, but it does require a certain skill and ability, some aspects of which can be learned in a class room but far more is learned working out on site. Problem is if you go straight from the classroom to a customers house with no one with experience to back you up when the going gets tough, then you can find yourself out of your depth very quickly
Yes again i agree. The course i went on put you on placement for 12 weeks with in my case was the local council. I took a year off making nothing and spent a lot of money without government help. Did i want to be a shelf stacker in asda.Answer is no definately not. This lad asked a perfectly good question and deserved an honest answer, not some up there own arse gas fitters putting crazy captions on like naughty schoolboys. Good look to the lad i hope he does as good as i have.

Well if you genuinely believe that you can learn to become a tradesman from behind a computer screen then I shall give you a call the next time that my keyboard springs a leak.... The guys who run these courses are conmen and you are not equipped to do the job straight from these courses. A large number of the guys who pay for this stuff will be the ones who will have a little sign by a traffic island, fitting garden taps...

thanks to everyone with positive feedback (mickplumb).ill look into all options available to me
thanks again mp.

Sponsored Links
Well if you genuinely believe that you can learn to become a tradesman from behind a computer screen then I shall give you a call the next time that my keyboard springs a leak.... The guys who run these courses are conmen and you are not equipped to do the job straight from these courses. A large number of the guys who pay for this stuff will be the ones who will have a little sign by a traffic island, fitting garden taps...
It wont spring a leak but it might smell with the amount of crap you put on it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back